There are two methods of obtaining membership: Grading On and through the Summer Writing Competition.
(1) 1RD and 2ED students will receive an invitation for automatic membership if the finish in the top 5% of their respective class after the first semester of their 1RD or 2ED year.
(2) 1RD and 2ED students will receive an invitation for automatic membership if they finish in the top 5% of their respective class after the second semester of their 1RD or 2ED year.
(2) 2RD and 3ED students who are not already members of any law review will receive an invitation for automatic membership if they are in the top 5% of their respective class after the first semester of their 2RD or 3ED year. These students, however, are not eligible for Administrative Board positions.
(3) Students who transfer from ED to RD will receive an invitation for automatic membership if they fall within the top 5% of the RD upon transferring.
Summer Write On Competition
(1) Once you have completed your 1L year, you will have the opportunity to participate in the Journal’s Summer Write On Competition.
(2) Look for announcements towards the end of the Spring semester to learn more about that year’s competition and deadlines.
(3) To be eligible for Journal membership, a student must have a cumulative grade point average greater than or equal to 2.7 and must participate in the writing competition offered to his or her Eligible Group (as defined in the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law Handbook).
(4) The summer writing will consist of a closed research packet. Each student will be required to submit an entry in compliance with materials given and instructions supplied therein. The structure and requirements of the paper fall under the discretion of the Journal‘s external managing editor.